Wednesday, June 15, 2016

MY WORM FARM


(My worm farm)



Hello again,
This is my worm farm me and my dad made it. It is made out of a plastic box and potting soil and a piece of wood. You make it by getting a plastic box as shown then you can either put Pete moss in or potting soil I put potting soil but Pete moss is probabally the best then after that you get a piece of wood not so big but not so small either then you take the piece of wood lift the box up then put the box back down and there you have it. Now there's a special way to get worms you can buy them but then your spending money. The way I do it is get a water bottle put soap in it then shake it up after your done with that pour the water where you think worms would live like on mud or right after a big rain. It happens because worms can't breath in soap so they come to the top of the ground and once there all the way out you can pick them up and put them in your worm farm. I've probabally got about close to 20. Your worm farm is also like a compost because worms almost eat anything except sitris and dairy like banana peals they'll eat grass and even parts of egg cartons! There that's my worm farm.

4 comments:

  1. How many worms do you guys use when you go fishing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually buy some and there's usually 12 we can't use the worm farm yet because we need to wait for them to have baby's

      Delete