Wednesday, June 15, 2016

FIRST FISH

(My first catch)

Hello everybody,
This is my first catch. He is a green sunfish. I caught him with a worm at lake Georgetown. My sister (makenna) also caught a fish it was the exact same kind. You can catch these fish with live minnows,worms,spinners,poppers,and streamers. I caught him around 5:00 or 5:30 PM. There not huge They can get up to 10 inches and 36 ounces. There habitat is clear to muddy water; widely found in small streams to big rivers,lakes,reservoirs. There features are large mouth;"ear" flap reduced and tabbed w/light border; elongated,compressed body w/blue- green cast; pale green belly; dots in rows on sides; black dots on anal and dorsal fins and that is all for features. A few minutes after we got there a man showed up and told us all these tips like you don't have to cast so far out and showed my dad where to cast and believe it or not he got a bite but then it got tangled against the stick so after he told us to cast out close to the rocks and we just left it there and went to the bathroom and after I pulled the pole up and there the fish was! So the rest of the day was great for me but we had to let the fish free. I kind of got jealous because this guy a little bit away from us caught a pretty big fish that looked like some kind of bass but I was lucky to get anything. I technically caught two fish right when my dad was gonna cast it out again I put the worm in water to see if he was alive and then here comes this fish about an inch that was black and he got stuck on the pole! After we let the fish go me and my dad where laughing and a few minutes later we caught the Bigger fish. So that's my story of catching my first fish. Wish me luck next time bye.


6 comments: